2018 was definitely my best year for a long time, it was also the year where I read more books than I’ve ever done in previous years. I originally set my goal as 50 books, then when I got to 34 by about May I decided to change my goal to 70. I finished the year on 87 books which I’m pretty darn proud of.
So of the 87 books I read, 66 were physical books and the other 21 were ebooks. I read 15 ARCs, and borrowed 5 books from the library. Unfortunately I also DNF’d 3 books but I decided I didn’t want to waste time trying to read a book I wasn’t enjoying, especially when there are so many other amazing books out there.
Below are my favourite books of 2018, I tried to stick to one book for each month but there were two months where I couldn’t choose just one.
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
- The Fandom by Anna Day
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw
- State of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury
- War Storm by Victoria Aveyard
- Floored by Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson and Eleanor Wood
- Are We All Lemmings and Snowflakes by Holly Bourne
- My Whole Truth by Mischa Thrace
- Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Maas
- The Other Side of Lost by Jessi Kirby
- Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
- Slay by Kim Curran
Below are my least favourite books; I’ve only got five, which includes the three that I DNF’d:
- The Lost Witch by Melvin Burgess
- The Revolution of Jack Frost by K.M. Robinson
- Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton (DNF’d)
- Lakes of Mars by Merritt Graves (DNF’d)
- Only the Ocean by Natasha Carthew (DNF’d)
I only have two main reading goals for this year, and that’s to read more of what I already have on my bookshelves and to borrow more books from the library. I’d like to try and not spend so much money on books, but lets be honest, that’s not going to happen.