HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 2018 seemed to just fly by, I cannot believe its 2019 tomorrow. I’m actually going to do an additional post this week with my finished 2018 Goodreads challenge
December was a busy month for me, what with visiting friends and family, wrapping presents, finishing off the shopping, so I only managed to read 9 books in December, and I also DNF’d a 10th book.
1) Every Exquisite Thing by Cassandra Clare ★★★★★ This is the 3rd mini story from the Ghosts of the Shadow Market and I’m absolutely loving reading these stories and getting more from the previous generations… plus Jem is in them…
2) Learn About Loss by Cassandra Clare ★★★★★ This is the 4th mini story from the Ghosts of the Shadow Market and again… Jem is in them
3) Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare ★★★★★ I feel like I had to wait longer than 19 months for this book, but oh boy was it worth it.
4) A Deeper Love by Cassandra Clare ★★★★★ This is the 5th mini story from the Ghosts of the Shadow Market and this one had me sobbing my heart out
5) The Wicked Ones by Cassandra Clare ★★★★★ This is the 6th mini story from the Ghosts of the Shadow Market and once again I loved it
6) A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer ★★★★.5 I didn’t realise this was a Beauty and the Beast re-telling until I started reading it and I was so easily hooked – full review here
7) The Twisted Tree by Rachel Burge ★★★★ I really enjoyed the idea behind this story and thought it was really well written – full review here
8) Everless by Sara Holland ★★★★ Finally got round to reading this book, and just in time for book two to be released as well. Cannot wait to get stuck into Evermore.
9) Only The Ocean by Natasha Carthew This was my DNF’d book. It’s a shame because it was from November’s Book Box Club and the blurb sounded really interesting but I just couldn’t get into the book, or the writing style.
10) Slay by Kim Curran ★★★★★ I bought this at YALC and have been bugged by Liv to read it ever since, I’m so glad I waited to read it though because now I haven’t got long to wait for the second book.
So that’s it for December, and for 2018. I’m hoping once the new year is over and done with and I’m back to a routine I can get back into reading more (although I did get a DVD boxset for Christmas so I also want to watch that too)